Thursday, April 14, 2011

Six Months of Residual Income Earnings

It's been a long, long time since I posted any residual income reports. Six months to be exact. So, let me make that right. Here is a report of my residual income earnings from October 2010 - March 2011.

eHow Earnings

My eHow earnings have continued to grow and grow and grow. I haven't added any new eHow articles during this time, since the changes were made to the WCP. So this represents truly passive income, which is fabulous! (It's still possible to add revenue share articles through Demand Studios, but the only articles I've written for them have been for upfront pay and aren't included here.)

October 2010 - $271.70
November 2010 - $266.19
December 2010 - $301.53
January 2011 - $367.97
February 2011 - $350.83
March 2011 - $440.84
 
Cash Back Sites

These are my referral earnings from cash back sites like Mr. Rebates and Big Crumbs. Again, this is truly passive income. Once the referrals are made, I earn a small percentage of their savings every time they shop through these sites. I love this income stream because my referrals are saving money too. My "commission" comes from the company and not from the referrals' savings so it is truly win/win/win.

October 2010 - $177.94
November 2010 - $133.01
December 2010 - $214.00
January 2011 - $246.63
February 2011 - $190.57
March 2011 - $160.90

I also use these sites to save money on my own online shopping, but those amounts aren't included here.

Adsense

During the period from October 2010 - March 2011, I received two Adsense checks totallying $226.90. Those are primarily from writing at Hubpages, Xomba, and at my Family CEO blog.

Amazon

Amazon affiliate earnings totalled $206.92 for the six month period. Again, those come from a variety of online sources.

Miscellaneous

I also had another $65 in residual online income that came from several other miscellaneous sources.

Final Thoughts

This report is encouraging to me, because it covers a six month period where these income sources were somewhat neglected. This is just residual income (or passive income, if you prefer) that was thrown off from work I've done earlier.

The residual income stream I am most excited about are the referrals from the savings sites Mr. Rebates and Big Crumbs. If you haven't checked out those sites, I highly recommend you do so. Even referring a few friends or family can create a little income stream and you'll earn cash back on your shopping as well. (The links above are referral links and will put you in my network when you sign up. Oh, and they're both free, plus Mr. Rebates will give you a $5 cash back bonus just for signing up.)

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd love to hear how your residual income businesses are going as well!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I was making more money every month from eHow on just a few articles, had a bunch of drafts that just needed cleaning up and some pictures and now that has ended. Demand Media told me they don't want me as a writer. The state of Colorado shut down my Amazon income by taxing Amazon who just pulled the affiliate program.
It is discouraging, between the time it takes to weed out the scams, start making a little money and then watch the program change. You are doing well, good for you.

Julie @ Creating This Life said...

Barbara, You're right...the rules of the game seem to get changed a lot. I hope you find another business model that works for you soon. Thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails