What am I basing that answer on?
First, my own experiences. I've seen my eHow income grow as follows:
- June $1.49
- July $20.02
- Aug $58.02
- Sept $62.09 (including a $2 referral bonus)
- Oct $76.18
It's true that the algorithm that eHow uses to figure writer compensation is a mystery. It's proprietary information, and therefore the exact forumla is not available to us. I can tell you, however, that the following actions will help you maximize your eHow earnings:
- Have at least a basic understanding of search engine optimization and keywords. You don't need to be an expert, but you do need a general idea of how it works.
- Some promotion of your articles is helpful.
- Write, write, and write some more. This is how you will learn what works and what doesn't.
- Give it time. The search engines usually need a little time to pick up on your articles.